My sister-in-law, Erin, has a passion for marriage and wants others to know the significant value of the relationship between a husband and wife above all else (after your relationship with the Lord, of course). She has an awesome marriage blog and diligently writes a "Marriage Monday" post every week! They are always so encouraging and have great perspective from areas that I would not have thought of beforehand. Speaking of that, check out her latest post: It's Never Too Late.
Erin, put together a day-by-day prayer calendar for the month of November, which you can use each following month as well. (I know it's a week into November or so, but I just thought that I HAD to share it with everyone). She thought of and created the best topics to pray over your spouse, some topics I would not have thought off the top of my head. That is why I love the prayer calendars, because they give you something specific to pray about and really focus on. There are several out there, but I wanted to share hers with you because I love it. There is one for the wife and one for the husband. I am so excited about this and to see how the Lord uses this in our marriage! Even if you are single, this is still applicable to you. Start praying now for your future husband or wife. You never know what God is doing in their life right this minute! Pray for him/her as God prepares them to be your spouse!
To download the printable pdf go here to her post: November Prayer Challenge

Let's get real. You may not always "feel" like praying for your spouse. Yes, I said that. We are humans and we have flesh that likes to rival with all things that fixes our eyes upward (unto Him). This is where we make a CHOICE as a spouse. We cannot base things on feelings, because let's face it our feelings are not the best thing to depend on. I don't know about you, but my feelings have made me look really stupid sometimes :-) Make a choice to love them by praying for them!
Speaking of PRAYER. Can I ask you to please pray for me as I start the job search and interview process? I am graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing in December (less than 6 weeks away!!). I am so excited about starting this process, but also very nervous. I am very interested in many areas of nursing and I can not wait to start taking care of patients on my own! It's a very exciting time, but also overwhelming knowing that I will be the patient's nurse, not the nursing student anymore!

No comments:
Post a Comment