Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mr. Hudson Update!

I've been randomly writing little blurbs on here each week, so I could do a bigger update later on. So glad I did that because I don't think I would've remembered what new thing each week has brought...

:17 weeks:
felt the first "popping popcorn" sensation....feeling our baby move!

:18 weeks:
Found out we are having a sweet BABY BOY!!! Hudson Lee, we love you so much already.  Wow, we will have a son. Our son. Our baby. When the ultrasound tech announced "it's a boy!"...my mouth dropped and I began to smile so big and continued to say "oh my goodness...oh my goodness!".  Lee took a video and you can hear him saying "YES!...ALRIGHT! A BOY!" It's so so sweet.  I just look in shock in the video, I think, because hearing those words made the reality of having a baby.....our baby....even more real.  It was the BEST feeling.

:19 weeks:
felt like my lower stomach was twitching and it was doing it rhythmically....baby hiccups?

:20 weeks:
going to bed and felt my first big  five kicks to the side! And Lee got to feel the kicking the next day :) That made me very happy!

:23 weeks:
sitting on the couch, I see limbs poking out my skin and a lot of flipping sensations. I just started laughing out of happiness and just stared at my stomach to continue to watch him move.   Is Hudson a kung fu master??




:27 weeks (Currently):
We have a very active little guy on our hands! It is not unusual to see my stomach moving or popping out in different directions.  It cracks me up sometimes to watch it.  I so wish I could see the movements he is making inside of me!

Random Note: For girls, winter brings on the fashion addition of boots.  Well, this winter (especially the last few weeks when belly has grown), I have come to realize that it is extremely comical to watch a pregnant person try to put on or take off boots. Just ask Lee. 

Last weekend, I was able to make a trip to Dallas to be at my Sister-in-law's baby shower for my precious little nephew, Isaac! His arrival is getting closer and closer and I could not be more excited to meet him.  I truly get so giddy thinking about being an Aunt.  I am so happy that my son will have a friend and cousin so close in age - what a fun blessing!  I'm praying for Erin and Isaac as they near the time he could come! :) 


My mom - proud Grandma of two grandsons!
Treasured being able to see these two - Jen and Lindsey! 
Our two main pieces of furniture for the nursery were delivered! This was SO exciting.  I still just walk into the room and think "our baby boy will be in this room so soon!" Being a mom and dad is becoming more and more real by the day! 


Big brother checking out the new additions to the house, haha!


I mean, how great is THIS sight? My hott husband putting together our son's crib. I'm beginning to think my husband has become even more attractive (if it's even possible) as he has become a dad, hehe. I know my heart will melt when I see him holding Hudson for the first time. My heart and love grows for this man daily! Truly.  


Lee's thoughtful mom sent him a reminder how "cool" he really was :)

Speaking of food, (wait...what?) Ok maybe we weren't speaking of it, but my mind was because that's what it thinks about these days. I eat and think about food like a teenage boy.  I still cannot get enough of fruit, smoothies, vegetables...really just COLD things.  Unfortunately, chocolate has been added to that craving list.  A friend of my recently told me she read that when pregnant with boys, women have a bigger appetite and eat more (uh-oh!).  I am not sure if that's scientifically true, but it's ringing true in my day-to-day. 

Now, I will go raid our pantry and refrigerator :D

Oh, Hudson says hello...he is currently stretching and kicking like a crazy little boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment