Friday, October 4, 2013

Dear Hudson {Four Months}

Dear Hudson,

Mister big guy, I think I see glimpses of a little boy in your sweet baby body, which means you are growing! I literally saw it with my eyes.  One night, I put pajamas on you one night and your toes didn't reach the bottom of the "footies" and the sleeves went to your fingers.  We had a complete week of eating every two hours during the night and day.  That following week, those very same pajamas fit perfectly. No wonder you were so hungry, you were busy growing!

Out to dinner with friends: Mrs. Lizzie, Mrs. Laura, and Karis!
Apparently you practice yoga in your sleep :)
One thing I love about seeing your personality is that it is a happy one! It doesn't take much or anything at all to make you smile or even giggle. When I'm talking on the phone, I'll often look over and find you staring right at me smiling as if it was you and I having the conversation :)




We have discovered you are very much a people person.  You love toys and all, but they don't hold your attention like a person! If someone is interacting with you at any level, you usually are staring intently at them or smiling at them.  I love finding these things out about you!

I can tell your core is getting stronger as you are not as wobbly when I hold you sitting up or when you are sitting in your bumbo seat.  You also have fully discovered that you can stand up if you lock your legs.  You always think it's the best discovery each time and show how proud of yourself you are by smiling or opening up your mouth wide! Looking in the mirror really holds your attention now. It's as if you have met a new friend each time!



You did it one time when you were five weeks old, but you officially & intentionally rolled over from stomach to back! You are always so surprised by yourself when it happens. Laying there with your eyes wide and a frozen expression, then after a few seconds, smiling at your achievements. Sometimes, though, you forget you are capable of rolling over and just lay there and yell out of frustration :)

Max wanted to be apart of tummy time, too. 


On August 30th, your friend Hudson was born! We now have 1 toddler, 3 babies, and one baby on the way in our community group.  Sweet little blessings! We love that we have so many babies to love on! We went to visit Hudson and his mommy & daddy at the hospital. You were enthralled with him and just kept staring at him, which was so cute! He is the sweetest, tiniest little guy!  I know you both will soon have lots of fun together.


 Of course, we had to take some Game Day pictures. Let's get real, you have to be the cutest razorback fan around! Saturday mornings in the fall are filled with yummy breakfast food, football news in the morning, and football games in the afternoon. I know Daddy will love when you can enjoy watching the game with him!


I thought for sure this could only happen with a little girl, but without knowing it, we went out of the house matching one day! Nana caught it and we both thought it was hilarious.  I thought it was so cute & I better try to get away with it now, because you will soon think that is NOT cool.


 We also took you to the nursery at church for the first time! The sweetest ladies took such good care of you and they said you did a great job.  Hooray! We are so thankful for wonderful people who take care you while Mommy and Daddy worship and spend time learning about Jesus! Soon, you'll be doing just the same in church! I pray that you not only have an unwavering love for the Lord, but a love for learning about him, too,


You are so sweet when you wake up, especially in the morning, and are very cuddly! Mommy & Daddy both love this time with you.  I've discovered you sleep really well if I nap with you, which is a sweet sleep for me too, buddy! Speaking of sleep, we also encountered a pretty intense growth spurt and reverted to our newborn sleeping pattern for about a week. This resulted in staying in our pj's and taking naps all day together.

Early mornings with Daddy. 
Nana and Poppy came in town and will be here for all the Razorback home games. I know they are so thankful they will get to see you frequently and watch you grow, as are we! CeCe and Pops also came into town and couldn't believed how much you grew since mid-July.  They miss you so much everyday! CeCe enjoyed rocking you to sleep for your naps while you were here. She told me it was like she was rocking your Daddy to sleep all over again :)




CeCe keepin' you entertained while we are out to eat!
We had a little playdate with Karis! Mommy got a little dose of what it would be like to have twins.  Y'all were so cute together, but y'all did decide to have a few synchronized crying events. I was silently applauding moms of twins :) We had a good time together and loved spending time with sweet Karis!


Your great-grandparents, Memaw & Papaw, & Auntie Jo came to visit you the weekend you turned four months old! They loved and loved on you. You were completely intrigued by Papaw's white beard, listened intensely to Auntie Jo's conversations with you, and loved all the cuddles from Memaw! Aunt Cait and Uncle Britton spent the weekend with us too.  It was shame you didn't get any attention that weekend ;-)


Loving all the attention from Memaw, Auntie Jo, & Aunt Caitlin
I have seen the biggest physical growth spurt in you this past month! You have officially gone from newborn to baby. I'm so thankful for a healthy, happy, growing boy! You fill our days with lots of smiles that are contagious and we couldn't ask for anything sweeter.

We love you, big boy!

'


1 comment:

  1. i loved every word + every photo - he is beyond adorable xo

    ReplyDelete