Sunday, September 18, 2011

Why am I starting this?

For a while now, I have thought about having my own blog.  However, I have always thought "What would I write? And, who would want to read my blog? Is my life even interesting enough?" Haha...

I have come to love blogs.  I keep bookmarked list of all the ones that I enjoy reading frequently.  My best craft, decorating, and homemade gift ideas have all come from blogs.  Some of the yummiest recipes I have made came from my favorite cooking blogs.  I have received great encouragement and laughs from blogs.  Some of the best devotionals I have read were on blogs.

Although I may share some of the things listed above on this blog, it's not the main reason I am starting one. I now have decided to start a blog because...


  • I want to be able to document accomplishments, adventures, news, trips, funny moments, times of learning, times of change throughout our life.  I have a journal, but I use that for my quiet times and bible studies.  On here I can attach pictures to go along with these moments!  I know it'll be wonderful to look back and see what we've experienced and what God has done throughout the years.
  • Lee and I live 5 hours away from each of our families.  Even extended family, we live about 4-6 hours away from them.  We absolutely love where we live and are completely content and thankful, but of course there is nothing like having family close by! Through this blog, we will be able to update our family on our life - big things and small things.  Of course, we talk on the phone often and visit as much as we can, but it'll be fun to share through this blog.
  • I know there will be fun posts such as, recipes, things we make, etc.  I appreciate when other people posts things like that on their blogs because it has saved me by giving me a recipe to make for dinner so Lee wouldn't go hungry ; ) 
I am sorry if I bore you with information, but I  will always try to make it fun or interesting and not just post, just to post! 

My next post....I will explain the reason for the name "The Delightful Hour"!

No comments:

Post a Comment