Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Little Man" Shower & A Pinterest Party

My sweet friend, Ashley, is having her second baby boy this december! I have known Ashley since I was in high school.  She has always been a faithful, true friend to me!  It has been amazing to watch her become a mommy and what a role model she is for me in that department.  I am so thankful for her!  Of course, we had to celebrate this second precious addition with a baby shower.

Our theme: "Little Man" 
Since it was her second little boy, we decided to do something a little different when it came to gifts (instead of clothes, etc).  First of all, we all know that diapers are expensive, not to mention when you have to buy for two little boys for the next few years! We decided to have a "diaper raffle".  Everyone brought a packet of diapers and put their name in a bowl. We gave out a gift card to whoever won.  In addition, we asked for gift cards, so that Ashley and Evan could use that to buy a double stroller, a second crib, and all the other things that they would need!

I got these cards at Tip Junkie. It was a sweet way to give blessings  & wishes to Baby Brody

"Little Man" Theme - Bowties & Mustaches :) I got this idea off another blog. Everyone looked like they had mustaches when they drank their punch ;-)



My sister in law made this AWESOME diaper cake! :-)





The absolutely beautiful Mommy expecting her second handsome boy!  I can not wait to meet him. 

I hope you know what Pinterest is by now.  If you don't, you need to know! I describe it as a virtual idea board.  You can "pin" things from all over the internet and from the home base on pinterest on to boards that you have made.  For example, I have a food board, clothing board, holiday board.  You pin all your ideas on there, it saves the website that you originally got it from, and then you can go back at anytime to look at them!  You can also "repin" things others have "pinned" previously.  A few friends and I decided that we had so many home decorations we wanted to make from Pinterest, that we decided to turn it into a party! Everyone made their own hobby lobby trip and brought their supplies over to my house.  We ate, made our little creations, and watched movies.  Perfect, relaxing night for us girls! Here is what I made...




My fall wreath.  Just got ideas from pinterest!

I did not have time to make this second project...but I am almost done with it. I'm using different colors than from this picture, but I think its an adorable necklace and not too hard to make either.


As you can probably gather now, I really just get all my ideas from other blogs and....pinterest! :-) Even though they are not my own, I wanted to share them with you to maybe give some ideas to y'all as well. After all, that's how I got mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment