Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler

Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share this recipe for Blackberry Cobbler.  A good ol' southern recipe (from Southern Living).  They really don't let you down.  Be prepared for sugar, flour, butter, and cream.  Those are the usual ingredients to good southern food, am I right? ;-)

Blackberry Cobbler

5 cups fresh blackberries or 2 (14 oz) frozen blackberries, thawed & drained
1 cup sugar
3-4 Tbs all-purpose flour
1 Tbs lemon juice
Crust (recipe below)
2 Tbs butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon sugar


Crust
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tbs sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup buttermilk


Combine first 4 ingredients. Mix well. Put into a lightly greased 8-9 inch square pan. Prepare crust. Spoon mounds over the blackberry mixture. Brush with butter and sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar. Bake uncovered, 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown & bubbly.

I was watching Pioneer Woman's show the other day.  She also made a blackberry cobbler but had a different approach to it.  It looks delicious as well and I would love to try it some time.  She is awesome and hilarious.




No comments:

Post a Comment