During the week of graduation, my nursing school has a Pinning Ceremony. We are pinned for the the work we have accomplished and the service as a nurse that we are about to embark on in a short amount of time. I appreciated the personal aspect and celebration of the Pinning Ceremony. During that time and on the day of the Commencement Ceremony, I have never felt such a feeling of relief, accomplishment, and excitement. Relief because I knew the work of "nursing student" was over, which to be honest, was brutal most of the time. Accomplishment because I knew the amount of hours, focus, and diligence had paid off to the fullest. Excitement because of what opportunities and experiences are ahead of me with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing next to my name, especially the patients that I will have the opportunity to help make the most of their day & their life circumstances.
| Pinning Ceremony |
| (Blurry) Getting Pinned |
It would not be a complete "thank you" without acknowledging my incredible husband, Lee. Wow, this man has integrity and is unwavering through all times! I told him after graduation "thank you for loving me even when I was being unlovable due to stress". I am pretty sure I emphatically told him on multiple occasions "I will NOT be a nurse. I am changing my major tomorrow. I have no idea why I chose this major". He would carefully listen to me, nod his head, and let me be crazy for a moment. In the morning, I would tell him "I'm just kidding. I love nursing. I was just being emotional and ridiculous"....He would respond "I know". He was sound of reason and wisdom especially through this last year and a half of nursing school while we were married. I will be forever grateful to him for his steady patience and love! This really was graduation for him as well ;-)

I am so thankful to the Lord for continually reminding me of my calling and the passion that he has given me to be there for people at one of their most vulnerable parts in life - when they are sick, healing, bringing in new life - wherever the Lord leads me as a nurse! I am so looking forward to see what position God has for me as my first nursing job. I pray that I won't look at it just as a "job", but as an opportunity to meet people's needs where they are at, working for His kingdom, and loving people in their most vulnerable time!
Now, I must study hard for the NCLEX. I sort of need that "RN" next to the "BSN" ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment