I've never done a "link up" but I love the link up that From My Grey Desk does called "High Five for Friday". I like it because it gives you a chance at the end of the week to look back and see what were the little things that made you happy or one might say deserves a high five! It causes you to see the little things that you were thankful for or happy about even if the week as a whole wasn't the greatest. However, I am thankful to say mine was great!
1. Xbox Kinect. Especially, fruit ninja. We played this game at our friends' house and knew we needed to go get a kinect. Since then we find it humorous and quite an exercise to play Fruit Ninja (and other games). AKA: Chop at the pretend fruit in the air, gain points, feel like a ninja warrior, and be sore.
2. For a good 3 or 4 days this week it was 75 to 80 degrees, therefore I got to LAY OUT. I love having time for all seasons, but I am a warm weather/summer kind of girl! All I need is a little pool :)
3. I am always thankful for a morning every once in a while that does not require me to rush around having a place to go. Only time to spend in the Word as long as I can! I am doing a Matthew (Beatitude Sermon) study. Even though I have read that sermon multiple times, it has given me a solid, spiritual punch in the gut many times (that is a good thing). So challenging, so good!
4. Our friend Chris wearing a mustache and his wife, my dear friend, Laura. This picture alone deserves a high five. No words.
5. My top HIGH FIVE of the week: I accepted a job offer for a nursing position! I am more than excited and so thankful for it. It's in the Progressive Coronary Care Unit (PCCU). I'm eager to be starting my career as a nurse! A big bonus too is one of my friends who I graduated nursing school with is working on the same unit and the same shift as me. Praise the Lord for His faithful and abundant provision.
This even helps us be aware of the 'little things' or 'small victories' of the week that remind us to be thankful.




Congrats on the new job! How exciting!
ReplyDelete