I haven't captured moments or the last several months on here. I haven't done a wonderful job at living up to the purpose of my blog..."to delight" in the small, simple things...in daily life. But, I've been given at least this next minute to change that.
We have had some wonderfully fun and joyful happenings around the Wilson home these past few months. I have enjoyed them and loved them! My job has really taken over my time and energy, just because of the odd hours I work. However, I need not to let that dictate my attitude or how I enjoy my time. I've been trying to captivate the balance of working nights, yet seeing my husband who works during the day (AKA: normal people hours, haha). Even though, I will be switching to day shift very soon, and it will help our schedule, the lesson of "delighting" in the time, the hour, or the second God has given me still needs to be learned because it won't change just with my work hours. So here's to stepping back, looking at what matters, and enjoying the "moment". No counting down the hours or complaining.
I'm going to stop and document the lovely happenings within the last several months.
Necklaces I made using these instructions for Mother Day gifts. A lot of detail, but turned out prettier than I expected and my mom and MIL loved them!
Micah graduated high school in May. Moved to Fayetteville in August. It's been a blast having him here. He is a stud of a little brother and we love having him 5 min away!
My suitemate, Molly, my freshman year of college got married at a beautiful venue in Little Rock. I got to spend time with my roommate, Casey, of that same year (who got married in April) who was in the wedding. It was a fun reunion! Loved living with those girls.
I had to learn to do the whole "sleep during the day" thing. Started night shifts in June! I discovered the humor and use of eye masks through my dear friend Paige, who had a fetish with them.
Speaking of Paige - she said "YES" to the rest of her life with Matt, her long time friend and now love of her life! Her proposed in New York and they flew to Dallas to see family and I was able to surprise her! It was the best of times :)
We traveled to Missouri and Dallas in June to see our families. Oh, how we wish we ALL lived closer. We both have incredible families that I wish we could do "daily" type of things together. Ah, maybe one day...
Celebrated 4th of July and had a summer cook out with friends. We love having the Gorman's here in NWA. Never would have thought that my 7th grade friend, Ryan, and I would go to the same college, he would marry my good friend and suitemate, and then we would all end up in NWA. Love His plans.
In July, we went to California to celebrate the life of my Grandpa Jim. It turned to be a wonderful time of just being with family. We loved it and needed it.
We parked our car to meet my Aunt at a restaurant after we flew in to California. Then I saw THE store: Rachel Ashwell. If you do not know about her stores, designs, or farm in texas. You must. Only if you are Shabby Chic fan. Then you will drool and also be in heaven. At the same time.
Each morning we sat on my Aunt's porch and had coffee and breakfast as a family: brothers, sisters, cousins, Aunts, Uncles. It was delightful. She has the cutest, quaint home with the most gorgeous view you can see through the window.
The boy cousins posing so...flawlessly..
on the beach.
together.
It was fantastic.
Our trip included shopping, exploring, family time, relaxing on the beach, and a lot of laughing. My family has the best humor and we had permanent laugh lines around our mouth that weekend.
In August, two of my beautiful dear friends became brides to the love of their lives! Summer, who became an immediate friend in college full of real conversations and an open, loving heart, married her love, Ryan!
Charlcie, who I met when I moved to Fayetteville, married her high school sweetheart, Jordan! Laura, Lizzie, Charlcie, and I have become dear friends. We were so honored to share and celebrate this joyful day with Charlcie :)
In September, Lee and I decided to take a vacation to Florida! We turned into little kids as we walked through Disney World. We laughed as we were convinced (or maybe more me) that Disney World really IS a magical place!
Our second day, we went to Universal Studios. Here I am at 'Harry Potter World'. Even though i am not a Harry Potter fan, this place was amazing! The ride was fantastic and so was the butter beer ;)
For our last two days we headed to Cocoa Beach, where we ended the trip with relaxation and no agenda! It was a treasured, needed time. Everyone must get away even if its an hour away for one night....and with no agenda.
Later in September, two of my dearest friends Summer and Elizabeth came to Fayetteville to be bridesmaids in one of our friend's weddings! It was such a sweet time to see them and spend time with them. It was so fun to catch up on Summer's first month of marriage and Elizabeth's first weeks of being a FIANCEE! She called me in the beginning of September with the beautiful news of her engagement! Watching dear friends enter a time that is ordained and blessed entirely by the Lord is a treat. I am so thrilled for her and Chris. I love her and so thankful for our friendship!
The best news of all summer that we discovered was my brother and sister-in-law, Matt and Erin, are going to have a sweet sweet BABY! Lee and I are thrilled to be an Aunt and Uncle to this precious child. We cannot wait to celebrate the arrival of little Baby Baxter!
We've had a lot of fun over the past five or six months. I want to be better about documenting the little things so I can look back and "delight". A lot of learning as well of how to balance weird sleep schedules, time with each other, moments with friends. I feel like I have been half asleep for most of these months trying to learn how to do the night shift thing, but despite that I want to delight.

















No comments:
Post a Comment