Merry Christmas!
| Love: Lee, Amanda, and Baby Hudson |
Within the past month, I have realized my favorite line of any Christmas song
"...a thrill of hope
a weary world
rejoices..."
Jesus Christ IS our thrill of hope. Without this much anticipated birth of a baby boy, there would be no hope. No hope of eternal life. No hope in the midst of pain, death, or hardship. No hope of joy. No hope of any purpose in life. It is all about Him.
[Note: I am typing all this while eating a Christmas cookie with my coffee. yes, it is 8:30am. Proof, I do completely enjoy the commercial things of Christmas. Amen.]
Even though the presents, food, delicious Christmas treats, family, Christmas lights, hot chocolate, presents, and stockings are so enjoyable and fun (nothing wrong with them)....when we take our gaze off ourselves "And look full into His wonderful face. The things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace" [Turn Your Eyes On Jesus].
I absolutely LOVE Christmas time. I love everything that I listed above. And I enjoy them each year. But in the light of His grace and His birth, they do grow strangely dim and suddenly seem so insignificant and fading.
This year, I wanted to be intentional about all the while enjoying baking, lights, the trees, presents, and family that I would look fix my eyes on Jesus....who is our thrill of hope. This world is so very weary without Him. And with Him we can REJOICE.
Should I grab another cookie?
Max also wanted to say "Merry Christmas" with his jingle bell collar. [We were laughing when we put it on him and it was jingling so much, he got embarrassed and hid under the coffee table :) ]

No comments:
Post a Comment