Around 13 weeks....if I wore a fitted shirt it would be that "She-kind-of-looks-pregnant-but-it-would-be-safe-to-not-ask-because-maybe-she-gained-weight" stage ;-)
Now at 15 weeks, its becoming more of "baby bump", but I think only people who know that I am pregnant would know it's definitely a baby growing (which I love to think about)! Others are keeping it safe by not asking, haha. From what I read, our little son or daughter is about the size of a navel orange and can now wiggle fingers and toes and clench fists. So sweet to think of a human so small who is already so well developed! I cannot wait to feel that first movement.
From about 9 weeks - 14 weeks, all I wanted was COLD food - fruit, popsicles, smoothies, etc! Now at 15 weeks and that I am pretty much over the ever-so miserable "sick and nauseous" stage, I do enjoy more a variety of foods, however my go-to/craving is fruit, popsicles, and smoothies! When I was working nights, I would wake up at 5:00pm for work and ALL I could think about was a popsicle. Needless to say, we had to stock up on them :)
Energy. I have felt a wonderful boost of energy starting at 14 weeks! I still get tired easier than usual and do need a nap (which I never did) most days, but I love how good I feel most of the time. Maybe it's just a wonderful difference between now and 1st trimester.
We went for an appointment this past tuesday....No sonogram, but we did get to hear the heartbeat, which is the most beautiful sound. We got the news that on December 17th we will find out the gender of our sweet little baby! GIRL OR BOY? I have no idea. A lot of moms-to-be have a "feeling". I have none at all and have no preference at all. I just can not wait for that appointment!
We will find out very soon!
I must brag on my wonderful husband. During the time I felt close to death (weeks 9-12), he was so amazing in keeping the house clean, having something for dinner, and on! I am so thankful for a man who steps up where I could not and sometimes cannot keep up these days. My love for him grows daily!
Quick something on "Worry". I have never been one to worry or stress about things that much. When I need to do my part in something I do it to my best ability and hopefully with excellence, then I let the rest go. I've learned early on from different experiences, stressing over anything does nothing. Unless it leads you to the feet of Jesus and on your face in surrender. Now that I have our baby (wow!) growing inside of me, I have already had to fight worry. With very realistic but scary thought such as "is the heart still beating?", "Is the development and growth happening the way it should?", "Am I doing what I can to keep this baby healthy and growing?". I've realized with the wisdom of moms that I will have to fight that worry the rest of my life. I had my first realization of needing to surrender and give this life to the One who created him or her and had the first thought of my baby.
My God is a good God. Period. I have chosen and have to choose daily to surrender not only my worry but my child to the Great Protector, the Great Provider, Creator, and Giver of life.
It's that weird spiritual tug-of-war of knowing that surrendering is good, commanded, needed but you keep wanting to say "but....but..." and pull back to your side a little bit. I need to drop the rope of tug-of-war and walk over to the same side of my Jesus, grab his hand and walk this journey of motherhood with Him, through Him, and because of Him.
I am so thankful for the beginning of this lesson early. Now....the daily choice of obedience.



No comments:
Post a Comment