![]() |
| {source} |
Note: I am not a great writer or communicator. I am writing this to celebrate and so someone will read about the Hope that I have and the reason for today. I am writing this because His name needs to be known and I fail to communicate this message often.
Truly, it is something to celebrate everyday, but today is a day that has been set aside to celebrate the true meaning of Easter together. Jesus Christ suffered a horrific death, so that we would no longer be separated by our sin and we could have eternal life with Him. Because of His sacrifice, we are able to have a relationship with Him. No, it is not a to-do list for just another religion. It's a relationship where we can live for more than just the here and now, more than just the labor of the day, but for a greater purpose and fulfillment - to live through Him and His love and to proclaim His glory and that is what is to be known. That is living, that is LIFE and life abundant. We are not made or purposed for the temporary things of this world that we so desperately chase to fulfill and emptiness that is meant for our Lord Jesus Christ. No matter what you're chasing, if it's anything but Him, I promise you will come up empty. Jesus Christ was crucified, and today we celebrate the day that the tomb was EMPTY. Meaning He defeated death....He defeated the death that we would know because of our sin. If it wasn't for His sacrificial love, we would have no hope, meaning we would come up empty again and again until death took us and there would be no hope beyond that. Therefore, as someone said in church this morning: "An empty heart + an empty tomb = Life Change".
Truly, it is something to celebrate everyday, but today is a day that has been set aside to celebrate the true meaning of Easter together. Jesus Christ suffered a horrific death, so that we would no longer be separated by our sin and we could have eternal life with Him. Because of His sacrifice, we are able to have a relationship with Him. No, it is not a to-do list for just another religion. It's a relationship where we can live for more than just the here and now, more than just the labor of the day, but for a greater purpose and fulfillment - to live through Him and His love and to proclaim His glory and that is what is to be known. That is living, that is LIFE and life abundant. We are not made or purposed for the temporary things of this world that we so desperately chase to fulfill and emptiness that is meant for our Lord Jesus Christ. No matter what you're chasing, if it's anything but Him, I promise you will come up empty. Jesus Christ was crucified, and today we celebrate the day that the tomb was EMPTY. Meaning He defeated death....He defeated the death that we would know because of our sin. If it wasn't for His sacrificial love, we would have no hope, meaning we would come up empty again and again until death took us and there would be no hope beyond that. Therefore, as someone said in church this morning: "An empty heart + an empty tomb = Life Change".
I am sorry if you've experienced a Christian and the only thing you could say would be "there is no life change there"...."they don't act like they've been rescued from death and hell". I'm sorry that if a Christian hasn't proclaimed the gospel well with how they've lived and treated you. An explanation to a true Believer acting in that way, is because we are broken, sinners, because we are not perfect and we still have choices to make everyday. That's why it's a relationship with Jesus Christ, not a robotic response. He wants us to make the choice to love Him and glorify Him daily, and sometimes we fail in that. But the great hope is that even though we fail, He has forgiven us by His death on the cross and defeated the power of sin in our lives by His resurrection. How GOOD is that love? He constantly love and pursues and grows us each time we fail. He is unfailing. Because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, Satan has no grip on me. The only good in me is Jesus Christ.
Today, we celebrate that He is ALIVE and He has defeated the very thing that causes us to fail and the very things that keep us going deeper and deeper into a hole of zero fulfillment, yet at the same time is full & drowning us of everything we chase to make us satisfied.
If none of this made sense, or if you've never heard about this before, or if you are in doubt please let me know, because I want you to know about this Hope. His name is Jesus and He has taken a sinful, broken girl like me and died for me so that He could have a relationship with me, despite all the mistakes I make, and He wants to spend eternity with me. It is absolute nothing special I've done to make this happen or to accept this Love. I want you to know this Love....this Glory...this Hope!
This is why I celebrate!

No comments:
Post a Comment