<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6369135/?claim=26jexcyyb5t">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I like to think of myself as between Type A and Type B. I like to have things in order, organized, and some sort of plans with certain things....but if it gets messed up, I usually let it go and take on another plan.
In my second trimester, I made a list of everything I wanted to have organized before Hudson's arrival. [This pretty much any closet, drawer, cupboard....Am I right or am I right? Things that we can shut a door on usually don't get much attention]. Slowly, I started tackling that list. Of course, in my head, I'm envisioning beautiful bins and labeled containers that all coordinate and such, because that's what I see on other blogs and well we all "picture" our home projects like magazines. *Ahem*... Then I realized how expensive organizational items are....so I worked with what I had and bought a few things. That list is almost complete. Even though it does not have the gorgeous organizational bins, it is organized and each item has it's own place. I felt like it would feel so good having an organized home with a new baby!
We also had some home projects that we wanted to accomplish before Hudson's arrival. Two major things got done; one being to my SURPRISE! :)
First. We brought life to our single-color painted house.
Well, these quick working, precise, talented painters brought life to our living room and kitchen. [These painters tackled this whole project in one day...like a 8:30am-5:00pm day, woah]. The whole house was the same color (except for Hudson's room now). Our living room IS most of our house and as you can see there really is no break into the kitchen. We chose a light grey and a darker grey for the colors.
[BEFORE]
{these pictures were taken almost a year ago, some changes have been made since then}
[BEFORE]
{these pictures were taken almost a year ago, some changes have been made since then}
[AFTER]
Also, do you see the lovely painting above this side table?
This is a beautiful painting done by Leslyn from Leslyn's Lovely Life! Lee built the wooden plaque that it hangs on (love it). A long time ago, I saw a post that Leslyn did and she was advertising this artwook and she had the ability to replicate it with your colors of choice. I had been searching for a perfect piece of artwork for that area and I knew I should contact her about it. She created a beautiful piece for our home and we still love it! Thank you, again, Leslyn!
Second. At the end of February/beginning of March, I was in Dallas for a week for my friend's wedding festivities and Lee was going to meet me there on friday for the wedding. Every evening when we talked on the phone he would say he was working on a "project" and "I would never guess what it would be". He is RIGHT, never would I have guessed!
[Left: BEFORE; Right: IN PROGRESS]
{All we have to do now is put on these pretty knobs and drawer pull I picked up at Hobby Lobby}
Now onto my boring "House Organizing List" that consists of things like "organize tupperware cabinet". Oh my gosh. Best afternoon of my life. [That was sarcasm, Sheldon. Big Bang Theory, anyone?]






We just painted our kitchen, dining room, and living room.... well basically our whole house grey!!! I have a slight obsession but grey is such a great wall color!
ReplyDelete