Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"Full Term": A Birthday Anyday!

37 weeks [full term]
36 weeks
I'm in the state of both "I can't believe it!" and "I'm so ready for him to be here!" when realizing our baby boy is full term! We went to the doctor on Monday and he said to be ready anytime.  So surreal, yet real, exciting, and a little intimidating...in all the good ways! It's so strangely wonderful to go to bed and wake up not knowing if this is the day that is his birthday or not.  God knows and has ordained it and I love knowing that.


We are finishing one more thing for the nursery and then it will be completely done.  Everything else is in it's place.  I will be taking and sharing pictures as soon as that last project is done.  Lee is all over this project!

Hudson's clothes are all washed and put away.

Hospital bags are packed.

All necessary baby items are awaiting in their place.

And this Dad and Mom are so overwhelming excited to meet our sweet, handsome boy! Sometimes I just sit in awe and processing the wonderful blessing and honor it is that God has chosen us to be parents to this valued life, this little boy.  I called Lee today and he didn't answer, when he called me back he said "Now, when I see a missed call from you, I wonder if it's "go time"!" :)

3D Ultrasound at 30 weeks
Over the past month we have been taking Birthing Classes.  It has been fun learning everything together.  I knew some of the medical information just from nursing school and of course, every mom-to-be does a lot of reading about pregnancy and labor and delivery, but I still had so much to learn! I loved watching Lee ask questions and process everything.  Love my husband - during class she handed out a sheet of a list of things during Labor & Delivery that we had to prioritize in importance to us - at the bottom of the page there was a blank space to add your own item of importance.  My husband, who keeps me laughing, put "Present baby Hudson like Simba on the Lion King"! Yes, thank you, Lee. That is definitely our #1 priority.

A couple weeks ago, my sweet friends threw the sweetest Baby Shower for Hudson and I.  Everything was thought out so well and had such thoughtful detail in it.  I am so thankful for these girls [Laura, Lizzie, Emilie, Charlcie, and Sarahbeth].  I loved every bit of the afternoon.  Here are some pictures that Laura sent to me.









They had pictures of Lee and I as babies hanging up around the house.  Everyone thought that this picture of Lee is how they picture Hudson.  I am completely OK with that because he was one cute little guy! 



My family got to come up [Minus Matt, Erin, and Isaac, my brand new nephew] for the Red & White game.  It was so fun to spend time with them before our schedules change, for the better! :-)  Beautiful weekend for the Farmer's Market and a football scrimmage.


And to end on a SUPER adorable note, my sister-in-law posted this picture of my nephew, Isaac. We are so grateful we got to be in town when Erin was in labor and we got to hold Isaac so soon after he was born. We are so in love with this sweet guy and feel so blessed to be his Aunt and Uncle.  The whole experience made us even more excited to meet our little guy.  I can't wait to see Isaac again.  He is now 3 weeks old and I haven't seen him since he was born.  I can't wait to have him and Hudson together! What a precious sight that will be!


Isaac David Baxter, my nephew

I am now trying to rest and take care of last minute house stuff before we need to make that drive to the hospital! So much anticipation not knowing the day.  How sweet is it that our God knows the very hour, minute, and events that will take place! 










2 comments:

  1. You are SO beautiful! You have been radiant throughout your entire pregnancy! I can't believe this is the last stretch! Almost there sweet friend! I can't wait to meet little Hudson! Any day now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORBS ....
    LOVE ALL THE POSTS AND PHOTOS
    love you sO AuntK

    ReplyDelete