Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dear Hudson {Two Months]

My Dear Boy,

I'm realizing with each week that I'm going to love each and every stage of your growth.  Around 4 weeks old, you starting smiling intentionally at us every so often. But my oh my, this month the smiles abound! This makes your mom and dad's heart full. There is not much sweeter than knowing that you are smiling at us - what great, deep love! 

When you were 5 weeks old, we were doing some "tummy time" (which you aren't always a fan of) and I noticed you were pushing off the floor with one leg. You completely surprised me by rolling over! I reacted with "Oh my goodness! Did that just happen? Are you supposed to be doing that right now?" Getting to experience your growth and discovery is SO fun. I started putting you in your bumbo seat for fun [and holding your head up] just for fun and to help strengthen your back! You seemed to love it....it was as if you were discovering a whole new world being able to see from that position!


You also have been baby talkin' up a storm and smiling. You talk to those who are talking to you, but I especially love hearing you just blabbering away when you're just laying there by yourself taking in the new world around you.  I never will get tired of seeing your sweet smile. It is heart-melting.  As I hear you talk and see you smile, I can't help but wonder what kind of personality you will have.  I do think about the fun days ahead and what kind of boy and man you will be....but, oh...how I am so delighting and loving in these days! You have truly taught me [and I know will continue to] the very lesson I have been trying to teach myself: to delight.  To delight in whatever it may be, whatever moment it may be, conversation, experience, or any "mundane" day.  You are making mommy a better woman by the day....you make me look to Jesus. 



Now that we have your acid reflux under control, we got to go to church for the first time! You did SO well for your first time [probably helped that you had a full tummy going into church]....as CeCe said "this baby was made to worship!" I pray that you will have a heart for worshipping our God.  What a soul-soothing moment it was to be rocking you while singing songs to our King. 



This month has been full of family time, which is our favorite kind of time. Since all of your family [except Uncle Micah, Uncle Britt, and Aunt Cait] don't live in Arkansas, you have become quite the little traveler. We made our way to Texas! Even though you are a pretty good 'road-tripper', we found it works best for me to sit in the back seat with you and Daddy to be our fearless driver. When it's time for naptime in the car and I can't hold you, you seem to love for mommy to hold your paci in and "hold your hand". Don't mind if I do, sweet boy! 

You went "swimming" for the first time. I needed a swim hat for you, but they didn't have your size. I got 0-6 month and well....that did not fit you! Haha, but you sure looked cute even being overtaken by the large monkey hat. I'm sure you will be logging many hours in Nana and Gpoppy's pool. I love introducing you to new things and I know it will become even more fun as your reactions and expressions to new things develop. 



You  got some good time in with your Uncles, Aunt, Grandparents, and Isaac! We LOVED seeing you and Isaac together. Since Isaac is a little older than you, he started recognizing that there was another baby and he would just stare at you. ["There is another one of me here?"].  It was so cute and funny! 

Quality time with Uncle Micah. I think y'all are going to have some big fun
while he is here for college! 

Important conversations with Gpoppy :) 
Hanging out with Auntie E & Isaac
Uncle Matt & Daddy @ 4th of July cookout
Went to your first wedding! Daddy had to take you out of the ceremony,
but you did great at the reception. I think you did great for a 6 week old!
I was so happy you got to meet one of mommy's best friend, Paige and Matt! She will be more of an [honorary] Aunt to you. She loves you and has already spoiled you with some cute outfits. Mommy and Paige were both in each others' weddings and met in college and now here we are....holding YOU!  [That's one of those - wow, I can't believe we are already at this life moment - moment].


The following weekend we made our way to Missouri for you to meet the whole Wilson and Walker family and of course, get some quality time with CeCe and Pops.  Everyone was so anxious to meet their great grandson/great nephew/cousin - and all the other important parts you play in their lives. We had a big cookout on Saturday, eating, holding babies, loving the coos, and smiling at the sweet simplicity of baby-watching.  It was a sweet weekend!

CeCe and Great-Grammy (Mother & Daughter)
Playing with Great-Granny :)
You and sweet little Stephanie (Lee's cousin's daughter). Exactly one week apart! 
Four Generations: Papaw, Pops, your Daddy, and you. Love this picture!
All of your Great Aunts on Daddy's side (missing Aunt Laura, though!)! 
Your Great-Grandma's :)
Your Great-Grandpa's 
Great Uncle Sonny with his great niece and nephew - so sweet!
(Great) Granny and Paw with their two great grandchildren

Taking a snooze at CeCe and Pops house before we go to church 
This month you took your first bottle! Of course, Daddy got the honor of doing that. It was so sweet! I know he loves that he can have this time with you every now and then.  Now that you are taking a bottle well, mommy and daddy can go on a date soon! 



Things I love right now:

When you grab onto the neckline of my shirt while I'm rocking you to sleep

The way you either pout your lips out like you're giving a big ol' smooch or suck that bottom lip in as you're falling asleep

The loud baby "yaahhh" sound that seems to take so much effort when you're talking

The fact that you immediately get happy when you realize the only thing on you is your diaper [or naked]

When you smile [so sweetly] as I come to get you when I hear you waking up from a nap

Thing I don't love right now:

The fact that I need to go through your drawer and take out all your Newborn clothes because they don't fit you anymore.



Even though it is bittersweet for mommy, we love seeing you grow! We are so grateful for our strong, healthy little guy. I'm cherishing each month because I know you will never be two months old again. 

We love you through and through! 

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable, Amanda! Thanks for sharing him with us!

    ReplyDelete