I forgot that I wrote these observations down on a draft post as they occurred or as I remembered them. These are observations of the first month of life with my newborn. I wanted to vividly remember the funny and sweet moments that may have slipped my memory after coming out of a sleep-deprived state of the first month [who am I kidding, maybe I'm still in that :)]. I'm sure there are more that I forgot to include, but this will help me smile with deep love and laugh when remembering these moments later on....
You are bound to find yourself doing ridiculous squats or dance moves to lull your baby to sleep or calm a crying baby. {Oh this ridiculous gorilla like squat/sway soothes you? You got it, sweet baby.}. Seriously, you'll keep doing whatever it is that keeps them calm.
..........
You are bound to find yourself doing ridiculous squats or dance moves to lull your baby to sleep or calm a crying baby. {Oh this ridiculous gorilla like squat/sway soothes you? You got it, sweet baby.}. Seriously, you'll keep doing whatever it is that keeps them calm.
..........
No, you can't spoil a newborn. So, yes, you can hold them all you want and not put them down. Then continue staring at them in amazement. For a long period of time. Who knew you could do something so "simple" for more than a few minutes? *love struck*
...........
...........
You've never been so concerned with someone's breathing before in your life. *cue hovering hand barely over chest to feel it rise during the night*
...........
...........
As I study his features, tiny feet, hands, and fingers, I am enamored with God as Creator all over again.
...........
...........
The ceiling fan could become a quick best friend of the baby. It doesn't need to be spinning. Just stand under it & baby's eyes will fixate. [I've learned it's due to their great interest in contrast].
...........
...........
Most of the day your arms are full of a sweet newborn. There is nothing better, however it does limit you. In particular, depending on the day, it limits my normal bible study routine at times (writing, turning pages, highlighting, etc). However, it does not limit you to PRAY. I think I've done more praying over the past few weeks.
...........
...........
Working out will be prohibited for 6 weeks or so, but you can't avoid an arm workout on the daily. Many hours of rocking and holding a newborn will bear strong arms.
...........
...........
Sometimes, I stare at him, thinking "Are you really mine?"..."I get to be your mommy?"
...........
...........
Baby Boys: They like to pee....on you. Quick ninja diaper changing skills are necessary.
..........
The weight of a sweet newborn lying on your chest is.the.best.feeling.ever.
...........
..........
The weight of a sweet newborn lying on your chest is.the.best.feeling.ever.
...........
Highlighting-page turning-note taking quiet times may not happen often. However, my mother-in-law beautifully reminded me that even though those "type" of quiet times may be lacking, that I am having a quiet time just staring into the beautiful creation of a newborn, that I am seeing the face of God.
..........
The first time you get to [or really have the energy or desire to] just blow dry your hair after delivery, you may or may not feel like you just won a beauty contest...even though your hair is still frizzy...and you don't have makeup on. So, ok, you don't feel like you won a beauty contest, but MAN do you feel good!
...........
..........
The first time you get to [or really have the energy or desire to] just blow dry your hair after delivery, you may or may not feel like you just won a beauty contest...even though your hair is still frizzy...and you don't have makeup on. So, ok, you don't feel like you won a beauty contest, but MAN do you feel good!
...........
When they are first born, babies cannot focus very well. Therefore, you'll have a super cute cross-eyed baby for a little while. With that said, your heart just might melt when you realize they are focusing on you and can see you clearly.
...........
I've found that most times, Hudson falls asleep to me walking around while holding him. Therefore, I have logged about 5,321,940 miles in my house.
..........
With that said, I think he has given me a preview of his toddler days..... :)
...........
Baby is over the shoulder to burp when you hear *spllttt* on the floor behind you. Yes, that is spit up that launched over the burp cloth onto the floor. Well done, son, well done.
..........
Baby has fallen asleep in your arms, body limp, he is in a deep, mouth-open, deep breathing sleep. You gently lay him down in his bassinet and the eyes POP open as if saying "Mommy, I AWAKE!". And you just ask yourself, "hoooowwww does he know?"
..........
After singing the same lyrics to a song for a long time, sometimes you have to entertain yourself by making up lyrics or a second verse to a song...
Jesus loves me this I know
for the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak but He is strong
Yes, Jesus loves me (x3)
The Bible tells me so..
Jesus loves you, yes He does
I will teach you His ways and love
So that you may trust in Him
And you'll walk very close to Him
Yes, Jesus loves you (x3)
The Bible tells me so
.........
My last thought: Being a Mommy is the best.
...........
Baby is over the shoulder to burp when you hear *spllttt* on the floor behind you. Yes, that is spit up that launched over the burp cloth onto the floor. Well done, son, well done.
..........
Baby has fallen asleep in your arms, body limp, he is in a deep, mouth-open, deep breathing sleep. You gently lay him down in his bassinet and the eyes POP open as if saying "Mommy, I AWAKE!". And you just ask yourself, "hoooowwww does he know?"
..........
After singing the same lyrics to a song for a long time, sometimes you have to entertain yourself by making up lyrics or a second verse to a song...
Jesus loves me this I know
for the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak but He is strong
Yes, Jesus loves me (x3)
The Bible tells me so..
Jesus loves you, yes He does
I will teach you His ways and love
So that you may trust in Him
And you'll walk very close to Him
Yes, Jesus loves you (x3)
The Bible tells me so
.........
My last thought: Being a Mommy is the best.

Sweetest post EVER!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Makes me want another! Brings back SO many memories! Love your little guy! =)
ReplyDelete